Thursday, October 20, 2011

Case Statistics

As I promised Stacey some time ago, here are some of my case load statistics.

As mentioned previously, I operate under a grant in my office dealing with violent juvenile crime. As part of that grant, I must provide a report every quarter. So these stats deal with the last three months (July-September)

Total cases handled: 81 files

Number of pleas taken: 49

Number of cases closed after arrest but before indictment: 6
Main reason why: insufficient evidence

Number of trials: 2
Number of convictions: 1

Number of thank you cards from victims: 1

Youngest defendant: 14 (See below)

Types of cases handled: gun point robberies, burglaries, car thefts, shootings, stabbings, murders, gun possession, drug possession, vehicular homicide, rape

Number of defendants attempting to withdraw plea: 2

Number of them that succeeded: 0

Toughest case to resolve appropriately: Sixteen year old robbed two people with a shotgun. Proof showed he has a 70 IQ and was put up to it by his mom's boyfriend who also got him drunk before it.
Resolution in that case: Probation

Worst offender of the quarter: Between the ages of fourteen and fifteen one defendant committed two gun point rapes and four gun point robberies.

Not bad for a three months span.

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this one as well? I don't know how you do it. I admire people in your profession, truly. To deal with this sort of thing every day and still be able to get out of bed in the morning. You're all unsung heroes.

    ReplyDelete