Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Difficult Week

Posts have been infrequent these past few weeks as you might have noticed. The reason is simple-work. It has piled up and exploded, particularly this week. One of the rules of this blog is that I cannot discuss pending cases, for both legal and ethical reasons.

I will not divulge facts, but I was assigned the most difficult case of my career this week, emotionally and factually. It's the type of case that makes you wonder why you do this work. Whether it makes any difference. You look around and only see the mangled lives of loved ones in the wake of a violent act from both the victim's and defendant's families. 

I'm not seeking sympathy from anyone. I have a job to do and will do it the best I can. I owe that much to the victim. I've always tried to be honest on this blog and let you all in on a the true life of a prosecutor. It's not always easy. It's not always rewarding. The right thing is not always clear. The system is not perfect and neither are the people in it. But I'm trying to be as good as I can and promise to work as hard as I can for the victim. A victim deserves people who will care. And try.

1 comment: