Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Grinding Halt




Waiting for a jury verdict is one of the greatest anxieties on earth. Waiting on the verdict overnight is tortuous. Waiting on it overnight and knowing that it will be a mistrial if they don't get a verdict by a certain time because a juror had a prior commitment that she cannot get out of is downright hell.

I thought I'd try to post something thought provoking about how much I enjoy jury selection and speaking to people, but it turns out I am unable to focus on anything requiring brainwaves while the jury is deliberating. Since my thoughts are tangled and incoherent right now, I thought I'd just let Jerry Seinfeld explain the irrationalities of the fear of public speaking.

See More:

Wins and Losses
"We've Got a Verdict"

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get your verdict! Do you find a mistrial worse than losing, just out of curiosity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guilty. Fortunately, I've never had a mistrial. Unfortunately, I have had an acquittal. The acquittal feels pretty bad, but I imagine at least you get a second shot with the mistrial.

      Delete