Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Twists of Fate

ANDREW, THEODORAKIS/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS



Over 10 years ago, a police force rejected my application.  During law school, I turned down a different agency's offer to join their squad.  After seeing what the officers deal with on a daily basis - unending calls, no sleep, an abnormal schedule, the threat of violence in every encounter - I'm not sure how well I would have done.  I'm certain I was not mature enough to have that kind of responsibility in my early 20's.

Although, I would be halfway towards retiring...

But still, 12 NYPD officers survived gunshots (there were 9 total in the three years before that) in the course of their duty this year.  Here's hoping to a speedy recovery and that we all learn to keep our cool.  No one ever wins in a gunfight.


No comments:

Post a Comment