Friday, March 23, 2012

Location, Location, Location

In preparation for a trial today, I met with a witness on Wednesday.  The trial is an embezzlement trial that has been adjourned seven times.  That's a story for a different day though.

I usually meet with witnesses in my office.  One of the main witnesses is a CPA who does the accounting for the employer who had the money stolen.  Understanding it's tax season and as a courtesy, I met with him at his office.

There was a hitch though.  His usual office was involved in a fire recently so he had moved.  The only short term space he could find while his office was repaired was in a funeral home.

Odd enough.  As I pull into the funeral home parking lot, I'm surprised to see that the building is split in half.  Half is the funeral home.  Half is a prominent personal injury attorney. 

Doesn't the attorney know he's only perpetuating stereotypes?  Maybe clients have hired him out of this arrangement.  As a client, I'd turn around when I got in the parking lot.  You'd have to be careful not to walk in the wrong door. 

If the trial goes, check back for progress and stories next week.

1 comment:

  1. Hah hah hah . . . the only thing more fitting than that would have been if the PI attorney's office was next to an ER. Heh heh heh.

    (And ah yes, adjournments . . . they are never-ending)

    ReplyDelete